Air Show Stay Safe and Separate Initiatives
The Fort Lauderdale Air Show is implementing a series of “Stay safe initiatives” to ensure the safety of guests and spectators at this year’s rescheduled event. The following initiatives extend across all the event premium viewing venues which include the Drop Zone Beach, Flight Line Club, and VIP Penthouse:
- Increased size of the Drop Zone Beach and the Flight Line Club venues
- Reduced number of tickets available to each venue to ensure guests can stay separate from other groups
- Tickets must be purchased online or by phone, they will not be sold on-site at the event.
- Mitigate lines at venue entrances by adding additional entrances and allowing early entry
- Providing for 6 feet of separation between groups for any guests waiting to check in
- Contactless ticket scanning and individually packaged wristbands guests can put on themselves
- Frequent sanitization of all surfaces and restrooms
- Increased presence of hand-washing and sanitizing stations in all premium viewing areas
- Hand sanitizer available for purchase in the Drop Zone Beach and provided in all other areas
- Wearing a mask is optional, masks will be available for purchase in the Drop Zone and provided on all other areas
- Retail concessions for food, beverage and merchandise will be credit-preferred payment
The Fort Lauderdale Air Show has added a new premium viewing area for 2020 called the ‘Sand Boxes‘, designed primarily for the at-risk, the elderly, and families with small children to be able to enjoy the air show on the beach in their own personal are of the beach.
The Fort Lauderdale Air Show is working in cooperation with the City of Fort Lauderdale to encourage social distancing and safe general viewing of the event from the beach. The following initiatives will be implemented for this year’s event:
- The public address sound normally available in the immediate area around Show Center will be much more limited and only be audible in premium viewing areas to discourage spectators from converging around the perimeter fence. A text feed version of the narration will be made available via the event Twitter page at https://twitter.com/ocairshow
- Masks and hand sanitizer will be available for purchase at all event merchandise stands
Staying safe and separate is a team effort! Your assistance helps keep you and the spectators around you safe. Here are the things you can do to help stay safe and separate at the Fort Lauderdale Air Show:
- Wash and sanitize your hands frequently.
- Wear a mask when in close proximity to other people
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet or more between your party and others.
- Do not attend the show if you or a family member have been sick.
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids during the show.
- Minimize touching surfaces and your face.
- Leave bags at home or in your vehicle
- Avoid using cash when making purchases