The Fort Lauderdale Air Show will once again implement a series of “Stay safe initiatives” to ensure the safety of guests and spectators at this year’s event. The following initiatives extend across all the event premium viewing venues which include the Drop Zone Beach, Flight Line Club, and VIP Penthouse:
- Increased size of the Drop Zone Beach and the Flight Line Club venues
- Reduced capacity in each venue to ensure guests can stay separate from other groups
- Tickets must be purchased online or by phone, they will not be sold on-site at the event.
- Mitigate lines at venue entrances by adding additional entrances and allowing early entry
- Providing for 6 feet of separation between groups for any guests waiting to check in
- Contactless ticket scanning and individually packaged wristbands guests can put on themselves
- Frequent sanitization of all surfaces and restrooms
- Increased presence of hand-washing and sanitizing stations in all premium viewing areas
- Hand sanitizer available for purchase in the Drop Zone Beach and provided in all other areas
- Wearing a mask is recommended when you are less than 6 feet from others such as going to the restroom or getting food and beverage
- Wearing a mask is optional when separated by at least 6 feet from others
- Retail concessions for food, beverage and merchandise will be credit-preferred payment
- Masks are required at all times except while seated in a designated seating area on the beach or within a socially distanced food area while seated.
- Masks must cover both the nose and mouth.
The Fort Lauderdale Air Show has included a special premium viewing area for 2021 called the ‘Sand Boxes‘, designed with the at-risk, elderly, and families with small children in mind, to be able to enjoy the air show on the beach in their own personal area of the beach.
The Fort Lauderdale Air Show is working in cooperation with the City of Fort Lauderdale to encourage social distancing and safe general viewing of the event from the beach. The following initiatives will be implemented for this year’s event:
- Wash and sanitize your hands frequently.
- Wear a mask when in close proximity to other people
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet or more between your party and others.
- Do not attend the show if you or a family member have been sick.
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids during the show.
- Minimize touching surfaces and your face.
- Leave bags at home or in your vehicle
- Avoid using cash when making purchases